Monday, September 06, 2010

Lovely Labor Day Weekend

I’ve had a fantastic weekend,with lots of craftiness involved. I shopped a little, organized a little more, and scrapped 3 of the 4 long weekend days. Awesome!

Here’s one of the pages from Friday.. I had a wonderful lunch with my babygirl that day and was feeling warm and fuzzy from out time together. So armed with a sketch from this week’s Sketchy Thursday I whipped up this page in less than 2 hours (which is a fast page for me, considering I was watching Criminal Minds at the same time).

20100905_43

I had a blast making the background. It was a happy accident. I was attempting to use Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on a Maya Road plastic lacy overlay sheet. I decided to use the heat gun to help the drying process along. It worked but don’t get too close, I made one corner melt a bit. But when I lifted the overlay I discovered I LOVED the masking effect it had left on the paper I had underneath it in my misting box. TA DA! So I took the blue Bazzill I wanted to use and redid the whole process and I ended up with this lovely shimmery background.

20100905_40

More overlay love, on the photo, this time a little one. I can’t recall the manufacturer, only that it was a RAK gift from one of my Columbus Scrapper girlies.

20100905_41

The patterned paper is from an older K&Co stack, that I distressed the heck out of with the awesome Zutter Distrezz It ALL that my BFF Karen gave me for my birthday.

20100905_42

The title, made from sparkly Thickers and my Signo White pen, says it all, since my girl is my heart.

Happy Scrappin!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this!!! AWESOME colors and loving the distressing! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)