Monday, July 05, 2010

Notes to myself 7/1-7/5

7/2 Joined the embellished die cut swap. Theme is summer. Ideas: something from Cricut..or one of my many unused dies. Should fit nicely on a 12x12 or 8.5x11 page. How to embellish…make look like a gummy with diamond glaze stuff? Make it 3d?

7/2 Love the look of the Spellbinder Borderabilities. USE the 2 I have. And check out what borders can I make with my Cricut carts. Should create that spreadsheet of all carts and include what features each has.

7/2 Add texture to LETTERS or TITLES with the Cuttlebug. OMGosh, this looks great!

7/5 IDEA: Take the rugged inside of cardboard, and PAINT IT! White looks great, kind of a white washed look..so maybe paint then wipe it back off.

7/5 I’m really liking the trend I’m seeing of adding paint to busy patterned paper to tone it down somewhat for use as a background. For a great example see the second layout here

7/5 I also love how Kat (same link as above) uses mixed fonts for her titles. Need to study hers some more to try and figure out what makes hers really pop like they do.

7/5 I am also loving the use of alpha beads on cards and layouts. Very cute! Gotta get me some!

No comments: